CPR/AED and First Aid Combo Course Online
Our CPR/AED and First Aid combo course includes Adult, Child and Infant CPR and First Aid training. Our Healthcare Provider courses cater to all healthcare professionals. The combo certification is valid for 2 years and includes a free mailed in wallet card.
Chapter 6: Adult CPR – Put it Together
Now that you know the details of following the C-A-B method and performing Compressions, Opening the Airway, and Giving Breaths – let’s put the Adult CPR method together!
- 1. Make sure the scene is safe & put on PPE.
- 2. Tap and shout “Are you okay?” to check if the victim is responsive
- 3. Shout for help
- 4. Call 9-1-1 and Get the AED
- 5. Check for a pulse (no more than 10 seconds)
- 6. Give 30 Chest Compressions (2 to 2.4 inches deep)
- 7. Open the Airway (head-tilt chin-lift)
- 8. Give 2 Breaths (1 second each)
- 9. Continue the 30 compressions and 2 rescue breaths cycle until help arrives (100 to 120 compressions per minute)
Hold open the airway, pinch the nose, and blow air into the mouth. Be sure to place your mouth tightly over the victim’s mouth; use a barrier if available. Give 2 breaths that last one (1) second each. Ensure that the chest rises and falls between each breath.
If the breaths you give do not go in, continue to give chest compressions following the same 30:2 ratio until the breaths go in. Do not interrupt compressions for more than 10 seconds.
Continue to give sets of 30 chest compressions and 2 rescue breaths, with at least 100 to 120 compressions per minute until an AED or EMS arrives, or the person starts to breathe (shows signs of life).
If a person begins to breathe, roll him/her to their side in a recovery position until EMS arrives. When in recovery position, vomit and other fluids will drain from the mouth. While moving the person take special care of the neck, head and back.