Our all course combo training includes Adult, Child and Infant CPR, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens certification. Our Healthcare Provider courses cater to all healthcare professionals. The CPR/AED and First Aid certification is valid for 2 years and the Bloodborne Pathogens certificiation is valid for 1 year, per OSHA guidelines. The all course combo includes a free mailed in wallet card.
Healthcare Provider CPR/AED and First Aid Combo Course Online
Chapter 12: Choking: Infant
If you think that there is a conscious choking infant who cannot cough, cry or breathe, you will need to give 5 back blows and 5 chest thrusts. Follow these steps:
- 1. Position the infant face-up on your forearm with his or her head lower than your chest. Support the head and neck by holding it firmly in the palm of your hand.
- 2. Then turn the infant face-down while supporting your forearm on your thigh.
- 3. With the heel of your hand give 5 back blows between the infant’s shoulder blades.
- 4. If the object is not ejected with back blows, turn the infant face-up and give 5 chest thrusts.
- 5. To give chest thrusts, push down with two to three fingers at the center of the chest as you do for infant CPR.
- 6. Continue to give back blows and chest thrusts until the object is forced out, the infant begins to respond, or the infant becomes unconscious.
- 7. If an infant becomes unconscious, follow the steps to perform infant CPR.