Our all course combo training includes Adult, Child and Infant CPR, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens certification. Our Healthcare Provider courses cater to all healthcare professionals. The CPR/AED and First Aid certification is valid for 2 years and the Bloodborne Pathogens certificiation is valid for 1 year, per OSHA guidelines. The all course combo includes a free mailed in wallet card.
Healthcare Provider CPR/AED and First Aid Combo Course Online
Chapter 2: Assessing the Situation
It is important to always check the scene and ensure your safety first. Remember to stay alert so you are able to identify and assist in an emergency.
2020 Interim Guidance for suspected or confirmed COVID-19 patients: Put on PPE immediately & limit the personnel around you after you verify that the scene is safe.
It is critical to understand that dialing 9-1-1 is one of the most important steps you can take to save another’s life.
- Your safety is first, so leave the scene if you are at risk.
- While helping the victim, protect yourself from transmission of possible diseases.
- Use preventive breathing barriers / personal protective equipment when available.
PPE includes: Gloves, Goggles (eye protection) Gown, Lab Coat or Apron, Shoe Covers, Face Shields / Masks, and Cap
3. Use disposable gloves to avoid direct contact with blood / bodily fluids.[View Tip]
4. If you suspect that a victim has suffered a spinal or neck injury, do not move or shake the victim.
When preparing to perform CPR, keep in mind ECC’s Chain of Survival. These are the five crucial steps that should be performed in an emergency:
- Early recognition and activation of EMS
- Early CPR with an emphasis on compressions
- Rapid defibrillation
- Early advanced care
- Organized post care