Healthcare Provider CPR/AED and First Aid Combo Course Online
Our all course combo training includes Adult, Child and Infant CPR, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens certification. Our Healthcare Provider courses cater to all healthcare professionals. The CPR/AED and First Aid certification is valid for 2 years and the Bloodborne Pathogens certificiation is valid for 1 year, per OSHA guidelines. The all course combo includes a free mailed in wallet card.
Chapter 6: Adult CPR: Put it Together
Now that you know the details of following the C-A-B method and performing Compressions, Opening the Airway, and Giving Breaths – let’s put the Adult CPR method together!
- Make sure the scene is safe & put on PPE.
- Tap and shout “Are you okay?” to check if the victim is responsive
- Shout for help
- Call 9-1-1 and Get the AED
- Check for a pulse (no more than 10 seconds)
- Give 30 Chest Compressions (2 to 2.4 inches deep)
- Open the Airway (head-tilt chin-lift)
- Give 2 Breaths (1 second each)
- Continue the 30 compressions and 2 rescue breaths cycle until help arrives (100 to 120 compressions per minute)