Online CPR/AED Course
Our CPR/AED courses include Adult, Child and Infant techniques. Additionally, our CPR certification course includes training on the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). The CPR/AED certification is valid for 2 years.
Chapter 6: Adult CPR: Put it Together
Now that you know the details of following the C-A-B method and performing Compressions, Opening the Airway, and Giving Breaths – let’s put the Adult CPR method together!
- 1. Make sure the scene is safe
- 2. Tap and shout “Are you okay?” to check if the victim is responsive
- 3. Shout for help
- 4. Call 9-1-1 and Get the AED
- 5. Check for a pulse (no more than 10 seconds)
- 6. Give 30 Chest Compressions (2 to 2.4 inches deep)
- 7. Open the Airway (head-tilt chin-lift)
- 8. Give 2 Breaths (1 second each)
- 9. Continue the 30 compressions and 2 rescue breaths cycle until help arrives (100 to 120 compressions per minute)