PPE includes: Gloves, Goggles (eye protection) Gown, Lab Coat or Apron, Shoe Covers, Face Shields / Masks, and Cap.
1. Your safety is first, so leave the scene if you are at risk.
2. While helping the victim, protect yourself from transmission of possible diseases.
3. Use disposable gloves to avoid direct contact with blood / bodily fluids.[View Tip]
4. If you suspect that a victim has suffered a spinal or neck injury, do not move or shake the victim.
When preparing to perform CPR, keep in mind ECC’s Chain of Survival. These are the five crucial steps that should be performed in an emergency:
- Early recognition and activation of EMS
- Early CPR with an emphasis on compressions
- Rapid defibrillation
- Early advanced care
- Organized post care