Online Healthcare Provider CPR Course
Our CPR/AED courses include Adult, Child and Infant techniques. Additionally, our CPR certification course includes training on the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). Our Healthcare Provider courses cater to all healthcare professionals, including the bag mask technique and two-person CPR. The Healthcare CPR/AED certification is valid for 2 years.
Chapter 11: Choking: Adult and Child
If an adult or child is choking, they may use the universal choking sign. This is when one holds the neck with one or both hands.
- If a person is choking, ask “Are you choking?” If the person nods or is unable to breathe or respond, tell the person that you are trained in CPR and that you are going to help.
- Stand or kneel behind the person.
- Make a fist with one hand and place it on the person’s abdomen just above the belly button.
Are you unable to view this video? Click here.
- 4. Grab your fist with the other hand and give quick, upward abdominal thrusts.
- 5. Continue abdominal thrusts until the object is dislodged and the person can breathe or cough forcefully, OR person becomes unconscious.
- 6. For pregnant women or someone too large for you, give chest thrusts instead of abdominal thrusts.
- 7. If an adult or child becomes unconscious, follow the steps to perform adult / child CPR.