Online Healthcare Provider CPR Course
Our CPR/AED courses include Adult, Child and Infant techniques. Additionally, our CPR certification course includes training on the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). Our Healthcare Provider courses cater to all healthcare professionals, including the bag mask technique and two-person CPR. The Healthcare CPR/AED certification is valid for 2 years.
Chapter 6: Adult CPR: Put it Together
Now that you know the details of following the C-A-B method and performing Compressions, Opening the Airway, and Giving Breaths – let’s put the Adult CPR method together!
- Make sure the scene is safe
- Tap and shout “Are you okay?” to check if the victim is responsive
- Shout for help
- Call 9-1-1 and Get the AED
- Check for a pulse (no more than 10 seconds)
- Give 30 Chest Compressions (2 to 2.4 inches deep)
- Open the Airway (head-tilt chin-lift)
- Give 2 Breaths (1 second each)
- Continue the 30 compressions and 2 rescue breaths cycle until help arrives (100 to 120 compressions per minute)