American CPR Care Association provides quality CPR training in aims to increase awareness and confidence in performing emergency response practices. Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation, or commonly known as CPR, is an emergency life-saving procedure done when an individual’s breathing or heartbeat suddenly stops. Brain damage could be caused within minutes of cardiac arrest, so the advantages of knowing and performing CPR to save a life are endless.
CPR combines rescue breathing, which provides oxygen for the lungs of the patient, and chest compression that keep the oxygen-rich blood flowing until the heartbeat and breathing is normally restored. CPR requires proper training and knowledge before it can be practiced by an individual due to the variation in adults, children and infants. CPR has proven to increase survival rate for the patient when given properly and immediately. Becoming trained in CPR can lead individuals to save someone’s life before the emergency teams’ arrival. Certification in CPR allows people to step up in emergency situations, whether a medical professional or not.
These are a few advantages of becoming a knowledgeable, certified individual who can practice CPR.
- Provides individuals a feeling of empowerment and better confidence level.
- Allows individuals to help someone in need, including family members or strangers on the street.
- Leads people to step up in emergency or life and death situations.
- The most accredited benefit CPR can give you – the ability to save lives.
- Emergency situations always need immediate action especially CPR as the ambulance might not be able to arrive right away.
- Providing CPR immediately for the patient decreases the risk of brain damage or death.
- Higher number of CPR trainees and of those that are already certified increase the survival rate of those patients that experience heart failure.
- Performance of CPR is extremely important for unconscious patients as every second counts.
- If there are numbers of individuals around who know CPR, they could take turns giving chest compression and rescue breaths. (Learn more about how this works with our CPR training).
- Being knowledgeable with Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation creates a safer environment for all employees.
- This can be impressive for the employers especially if the individual is applying for a job in the medical field or nursing.
- Most companies or industries require some sort of CPR or First Aid Training. Employees could benefit with our proper and formal training and certification.
Realizing the importance and advantages of Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation is the first step in helping the community. Take the next big step by completing your training and receiving certification with American CPR Care Association. Help us spread the importance of knowing and performing CPR; browse our courses and get CPR certified.