We do not know exactly when an emergency situation will occur. This is why it is important that we get a good grip of what to do in case a family member, a friend, or even a stranger is experiencing an emergency situation like a heart attack or any other form of injury. Luckily, you can learn how to do the right things with an online CPR healthcare provider.
However, you cannot just blindly enroll in a class. You have to make sure that you are getting the best quality of education from the instructor and from the whole class itself. Here, we put together a few tips on what to look for when you are selecting a CPR class to enroll in.
Selecting a CPR Instructor
It is easy to get bored and not learn anything if you are in a class that does not have the right instructor. When you are searching for a class, try to look into the traits of the assigned instructor. Generally, there are three things that you should be looking for in an instructor: humor, passion, and experience.
- Humor: We all know that CPR and first aid are very heavy topics. It is a serious one that involves the lives of people. However, you need the class to be fun so you can learn. This is why an instructor must possess a good sense of humor to keep the whole atmosphere light.
- Passion: An instructor must also be passionate about their skill and in teaching other people. Passion is contagious and if the instructor shows they love what they do, it affects the whole aura of the class.
- Experience: Of course, you have to research an instructor’s credentials and experience. They can only teach if they have the qualifications to do so. Moreover, they must have real-world experience in training or actually performing compressions.
FAQs with CPR Certification
Many people are still hesitant to enroll in a CPR class because of various reasons. Some are afraid to deal with heavy situations while some just do not have the time. To help you make your own decision, here are some answers to some of the most common questions regarding CPR certifications and classes.
- Do I Need a High Level of CPR Training?
If you are not in a field related to medicine, you only need to have a standard CPR certificate. You only have to learn the first things that should be done during an emergency and let the professionals take over when they arrive.
- Is Mouth-to-Mouth Necessary?
Today, trainings and classes advise that doing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation should only be done as a last resort. But, it is still best that you enroll in a class that teaches you how to do this although the recommended method is a hands-only CPR.
- Are Online CPR Courses Good?
A class from an online CPR healthcare provider is flexible since information is always available when you need access to it. This is advantageous if you want to learn CPR but you have a rather busy lifestyle. You just have to make sure that the online course you want to enroll in has the right qualifications and credentials to give you a certificate upon completion.